Is your home feeling a little cramped? If so, there are many relatively inexpensive ways to free up more space. Here are some ideas:
1) Convert traditional into non-traditional space. We’re familiar with converting a spare bedroom into a home office or kids’ playroom. You can also create space by finding other uses for pantries or walk-in closets.
2) Explore smart storage solutions. There are many products on the market that revolutionize how you store things. For instance, there are closet organizers available that double storage capacity. Check out the options at your local home improvement store.
3) Get rid of unneeded furnishings. Is there a chair no one ever uses? Is there a side table that takes up a lot of space with nothing on it but a few knick-knacks? Consider selling these items to free up some space.
4) Think vertical. Install storage shelves, hangers or baskets high up in the kitchen and laundry room. Use that storage for items you access infrequently.
5) Consider storage rental. If you have furnishings and other items that you don’t want to get rid of, consider renting a storage unit. There may be an economical option in your area.
With a little creative thinking, you’ll be amazed by how much space you can create within your existing rooms.